Skip to main content

THE FLEETING GLORY I ONCE KNEW


B Y     J E A N I N E     K O N G O



I have experienced a glorious past

Not everyone is born in the church. While some were big pagans in a Christian body. Others have experienced the unimaginable. I am one of those who have known the world in a particular way and who have proudly shared it spicing it with exaggerations in front of other Christians "old bosses" just to “save face" in the debates about old times. There was this effort to give the impression that I was also an intimidating figure. This image is built upon many lies, or unspoken truths or things that people can easily believe without having to prove it ... (I know this terrain so well lol)

Of what use are these "professional experiences" on a CV that is supposed to be dead at the cross? How should I boast of having been a hard time if I have now experienced real life in CHRIST?

And I look upon all things as a loss, because of the excellency of the knowledge of Jesus Christ my Lord, for whom I have forsaken all things, and look upon them as mud, to win Christ,

What is the level of the excellence of the knowledge that I have of JESUS ​​so that I look at this "glory" passed like mud? This question led me to drop my "ranks", "stripes" gleaned at the risk of my life and to introduce myself as someone who wants to win CHRIST. There will always be those false mentors who will tell their past so gloriously that whoever is born in the church will be tempted to go for a ride in the world, comparison is not right! If you want to tell your past life, check that it has gone well. Do not recount things with a smirk, like Ah, the memory of the beautiful era! If this is still the case, I urge you to thoroughly analyze your walk with the Lord. He must renew all our thoughts, I say ALL.

Tell the truth about struggles, temptations, falls and relapses. Stop the make-believe that the world is great and we come out of it overnight. Egyptian cucumbers are often lacking in the desert and one must learn to appreciate the manna that contains spiritual teachings. The deeper the world is rooted in us, the more the restoration work of the Holy Spirit is doubly so. Guilt, bitterness, regrets ... But where sin has abounded, grace has abounded!

I experienced and survived things that would have taken another person quietly. Am I a tough girl? No, I am the fruit of his grace.

If the "testimony" of someone is weakening your principles regarding your walk with GOD, take hold of yourself afresh. Not all the mentors are not models. Those people who tell you that they had pre-marital sex were able to get married without a problem, is that approved of the Lord? Are people who use business fraud but thrive are still connected to the real vine?

Not everyone is worthy of our admiration. We go to and we end up touching what we admire. To read my other articles about the models. https://bit.ly/2JzbR3i

One day, I will tell my story, from the dust to the Distinction!
#WomanOfGOD  #ChristianBlogger  #ChristianInfluencer  #JKFDD



Jeanine Kongo is an extraordinarily gifted young woman. Above all is her captivating passion for God, her humility and devotion to serve the Lord. She is a law graduate from the University of Charles Louis de Montesquieu, Cocody Abidjan, La Côte d'Ivoire. A Preacher, a well seasoned Worship Leader, Speaker, Blogger @www.jeaninekongo.com , an author and an event planner.



Comments

  1. Great. May God give you more grace and may your passion for souls never reduce or cease in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REPOSITIONING CAN MAKE YOU MORE EFFECTIVE

  B Y    D A V I D     M C Q U E L Hello Everyone!   It has been a long while. The year 2022 has finally passed. And we are still here. God is to be glorified. We absolutely give God thanks.   I tried to review the year, looking backwards at my pleasure and displeasure with the year. I also did try to see where I failed, underperformed or missed the mark both set by God or by my heart. I always like to do an honest self-appraisal. I bear in mind that either lavishing praises on myself or ignoring things that should be fixed are not to my advantage. Transparency may hurt but I stand to gain first before someone else.   Here are a few things that I came to a conclusion on: 1.       I need to make certain necessary adjustments or changes or repositioning either on my character, my commitment, my determination or my effort. This is non-negotiable. I cannot continue to do things the way I did and expect a different result. I am impressed by European football. If there is s

THE RICH FAMILY IN OUR CHURCH

I'll never forget Easter 1946. I was 14, my little sister Ocy 12, and my older sister Darlene 16. We lived at home with our mother, and the four of us knew what it was like to do without many things. My dad had died five years before, leaving Mom with seven school kids to raise and no money. By 1946, my older sisters were married, and my brothers had left home. A month before Easter, the pastor of our church announced that a special Easter offering would be taken to help a poor family. He asked everyone to save and give sacrificially. When we got home, we talked about what we could do. We decided to buy 50 pounds of potatoes and live on them for a month. This would allow us to save $20 of our grocery money for the offering. Then we thought that if we kept our electric lights turned out as much as possible and didn't listen to the radio, we'd save money on that month's electric bill. Darlene got as many house and yard cleaning jobs as possible, and both of us baby sat fo

FIVE YEARS ON...

B Y   D A V I D    M c Q U E L HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL   But for us at the World Missions Centre, Abidjan, it is an even bigger day. Today is the 5 th anniversary of the launch of the World Missions Africa Blog.   When we launched on January 1, 2017, we had only on our hearts a message to share about the love of God through our Lord Jesus Christ and on our minds anxiety and questions if anyone at all will read the message we blog.   Here was our first blog post published on January 3, 2017: “Welcome to our blog. World Missions, Africa is making every effort to bring the love of Christ to all humanity. Primarily, we focus on  Africa  now in our physical activities. But with the online community, our efforts extends to the ends of the earth. Jesus died for all humanity. Every race, every ethnic group, every people, male or female, bound or free, the gospel of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ is free to all. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the go