Skip to main content

REPOSITIONING CAN MAKE YOU MORE EFFECTIVE

 

B Y   D A V I D   M C Q U E L


Hello Everyone!

 

It has been a long while. The year 2022 has finally passed. And we are still here. God is to be glorified. We absolutely give God thanks.

 

I tried to review the year, looking backwards at my pleasure and displeasure with the year. I also did try to see where I failed, underperformed or missed the mark both set by God or by my heart. I always like to do an honest self-appraisal. I bear in mind that either lavishing praises on myself or ignoring things that should be fixed are not to my advantage. Transparency may hurt but I stand to gain first before someone else.

 

Here are a few things that I came to a conclusion on:

1.      I need to make certain necessary adjustments or changes or repositioning either on my character, my commitment, my determination or my effort. This is non-negotiable. I cannot continue to do things the way I did and expect a different result. I am impressed by European football. If there is something that is constant, that has made it the most competitive sports industry on earth, it is the constant analysis, re-strategizing and adjustments. It can go from changing a style of play, different approach to coaching and training, or changing a club manager. It can also include buy of new players and selling off some. And definitely more investment of money and improvement of club facilities. It always pays off. I will have to do a lot of this if I want to see a change in any aspect of my life.

2.      I must avoid the failures, errors and weaknesses of the last year as best as I can. These could include spiritual, physical or mental limitations, that were avoidable. Some things are unavoidable. For those things, I depend on the Lord. But I can study harder, I can get better informed, I can develop better skills, I can improve my relationship with people around me and those connected to me. I can learn to be more patient. I can learn to understand others better. I can improve on my job.

3.      Faith is realizing that God exist, that He is powerful enough to make up for our limitations and work in line with Him. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Hebrews 11:6 (NIV) In all that man can do, he is but dust. He is the handwork of God. We are not perfect in ourselves. God has His place in our lives. I wear that understanding like written on the tablet of my heart. Man’s natural default is negativity. We naturally expect the worst in almost every challenge. If we don’t, then a lot of effort must have gone into reorientating the natural mind. We have to have hope which matures into faith and gives birth to God’s reality.

4.      Ultimately, God is the All in All. We live for His will and purposes. He made us and puts us here to fulfill a grand glorious future. I have to put Him at the heart of everything. Everything I mean! He cannot come second place. A house is built for its owner’s comfort. A car is bought for the service of its own. A military is built for the protection of its nation. It is not servitude. It is not slavery. It is not strange that He made us for His purpose and glory.

5.      Lastly, I again refocus on service in the kingdom. The biggest joy is to serve others. Jesus laid down His life to deliver us. Before He left, He had a whole evening meeting just so He can zero on this subject.

John 132 The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already prompted Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus. 3 Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; 4 so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. 5 After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.
6 He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”
7 Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”
8 “No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”
Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”
9 “Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!”
10 Jesus answered, “Those who have had a bath need only to wash their feet; their whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you.” 11 For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not everyone was clean.
12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them. John 13:2-17 (NIV)

I had to quote the whole passage because I just didn’t know what was less significant to be omitted. It tells you how important it was for Jesus that he held a whole meeting and His very last with His most trusted inner circle.

I pray this blesses you. Share with a friend, family or your group.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FIVE YEARS ON...

B Y   D A V I D    M c Q U E L HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL   But for us at the World Missions Centre, Abidjan, it is an even bigger day. Today is the 5 th anniversary of the launch of the World Missions Africa Blog.   When we launched on January 1, 2017, we had only on our hearts a message to share about the love of God through our Lord Jesus Christ and on our minds anxiety and questions if anyone at all will read the message we blog.   Here was our first blog post published on January 3, 2017: “Welcome to our blog. World Missions, Africa is making every effort to bring the love of Christ to all humanity. Primarily, we focus on  Africa  now in our physical activities. But with the online community, our efforts extends to the ends of the earth. Jesus died for all humanity. Every race, every ethnic group, every people, male or female, bound or free, the gospel of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ is free to all. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the go

THE NEED FOR TODAY

  B  Y   D  A  V  I  D   M c  Q  U  E  L Depositphotos Blog That we live in dangerous times is no revelation. However, how we navigate through it must be by revelation. We should live happy lives, glorifying God and successfully preparing our kids to face the world ahead of them successfully also. Among the many realities of today are:   The War Against Conventional Truth Truth is being replaced with feelings on a massive scale like never seen before. What we were thought while growing up as moral, biblical or civil truth is now bastardize and replaced with the lefts version of truth which is relative truth. Truth basic on emotions and sentimentalism. For a long time, promiscuity and sexual perversity was know to be immoral by all of society even those who didn’t go to church. Today, it is what you feel good that is truth.   The War Against Biblical Values It is fashionable now to dismiss any biblical view. In fact, Islamic values, Buddhist or atheist are more readily a