Skip to main content

A NEW TENDER HEART

By David Pam McQuel

One fundamental difference between God's language, which is scriptural language and human language which is the root of modern day vocabulary is the word, Heart. And this basic word cuts across all nations and cultures.

In biological terms, the heart is the organ on the left thoracic cavity with tubes connecting all parts of the body for the circulation of blood. In a layman's explanation, with an extremely accurate 
coordination, through the arteries and veins, oxygenated and dioxigenated blood circulates in the body to supply oxygen, food nutrients and medicinal properties as well as evacuate waste products from the body thereby keeping the body working normally.

Surprisingly, this biological heart does NOT appear in the bible. However, in Bible language the heart is the most prominent part of a man's existence. It is the centre of everything he is and does. The heart is the SPIRIT of man.

Take Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart,
                 for everything you do flows from it.
And Elihu spoke in this regard in Job 32.
7 I thought, ‘Age should speak;
    advanced years should teach wisdom.’
8 But it is the spirit in a person,
    the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding.

Here we can see that the heart is the centre of gravity in human life. It is also the primary place of contact between God and man. God's purposes, His Word and Spirit dwell in the heart.

Therefore when God was disappointed with what rebellious man turned out to be, He decided to not just remake man's actions, but change the root of his actions, the Heart.

In an extremely plain prophecy God through His prophet Ezekiel spoke of the new covenant which was coming.

Ezekiel 36:
25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.
26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 28 Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God.

Therefore, the great and earth shaking change of God was the recreation of the heart. Its therefore important that we understand the place of the heart of man in conversion to the faith, development of one's early life in Christ and the maturity of a disciple.

What man needed first was not a mere pardon. It wasn't just an overlooking of his faults. And it most certainly wasn't a punishment.

Man needed a new heart, for a new life.

It was easy for God to forgive man. In fact, God has forgiven man since the Fall in Eden. But man's evil, hostile heart desperately needed a change. To behave differently, man must have change from his roots.
Jeremiahm17:9,10 puts the dire situation of the heart as worst as it is. He said by the Spirit of God,
   "The heart is deceitful above all things
    and beyond cure.
    Who can understand it?
  “I the Lord search the heart
    and examine the mind,
to reward each person according to their conduct,
    according to what their deeds deserve.”

When God wanted to save man, He aimed for the heart. That's where everything went wrong and that's where every wrong is made right. When a man's heart is transformed his rebellion against God will disappear. Love will replace hate, peace replaces anger and humility replaces arrogance!
It is a new life.

Here are the important truth you need to understand:
1. The first step to receiving the free gift of salvation is hearing the gospel of Christ preached and understanding it. This provides conviction of every heart that is dead, meaning separated from God.
2.According to Romans10:9,10, if the sinner confess the Lord Jesus with his mouth and believes in his heart, he shall be saved.
3. The new believer will have to continually feed, that is, his new heart with the pure milk of God's word. Otherwise, his new faith will stagnate and starve to death. Acts 2:41-42
4. The new believer needs a new company. A new company of God loving and tenderhearted believers who will give him the example of a believers way of life. Acts 2:42-47
5. For a new believer to properly grow, he needs to develope a humble, tender, godfearing heart. This will keep him tenderhearted, reverential as he grows in God. Galatians 5:22, 23
6. Every believer needs a compassionate heart, that will enable love the sinner, grant him the patience to minister salvation until they are saved.

God bless you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REPOSITIONING CAN MAKE YOU MORE EFFECTIVE

  B Y    D A V I D     M C Q U E L Hello Everyone!   It has been a long while. The year 2022 has finally passed. And we are still here. God is to be glorified. We absolutely give God thanks.   I tried to review the year, looking backwards at my pleasure and displeasure with the year. I also did try to see where I failed, underperformed or missed the mark both set by God or by my heart. I always like to do an honest self-appraisal. I bear in mind that either lavishing praises on myself or ignoring things that should be fixed are not to my advantage. Transparency may hurt but I stand to gain first before someone else.   Here are a few things that I came to a conclusion on: 1.       I need to make certain necessary adjustments or changes or repositioning either on my character, my commitment, my determination or my effort. This is non-negotiable. I cannot continue to do things the way I did and expect a different result. I am impressed by European football. If there is s

FIVE YEARS ON...

B Y   D A V I D    M c Q U E L HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL   But for us at the World Missions Centre, Abidjan, it is an even bigger day. Today is the 5 th anniversary of the launch of the World Missions Africa Blog.   When we launched on January 1, 2017, we had only on our hearts a message to share about the love of God through our Lord Jesus Christ and on our minds anxiety and questions if anyone at all will read the message we blog.   Here was our first blog post published on January 3, 2017: “Welcome to our blog. World Missions, Africa is making every effort to bring the love of Christ to all humanity. Primarily, we focus on  Africa  now in our physical activities. But with the online community, our efforts extends to the ends of the earth. Jesus died for all humanity. Every race, every ethnic group, every people, male or female, bound or free, the gospel of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ is free to all. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the go

THE RICH FAMILY IN OUR CHURCH

I'll never forget Easter 1946. I was 14, my little sister Ocy 12, and my older sister Darlene 16. We lived at home with our mother, and the four of us knew what it was like to do without many things. My dad had died five years before, leaving Mom with seven school kids to raise and no money. By 1946, my older sisters were married, and my brothers had left home. A month before Easter, the pastor of our church announced that a special Easter offering would be taken to help a poor family. He asked everyone to save and give sacrificially. When we got home, we talked about what we could do. We decided to buy 50 pounds of potatoes and live on them for a month. This would allow us to save $20 of our grocery money for the offering. Then we thought that if we kept our electric lights turned out as much as possible and didn't listen to the radio, we'd save money on that month's electric bill. Darlene got as many house and yard cleaning jobs as possible, and both of us baby sat fo