Skip to main content

The Harvest is Plentiful

The Republic of Guinea, with its capital Conakry in West Africa has 96% of its population as Muslims while a mere 2% are Christians. Even then, there is freedom of religion and Christians can hold meetings, evangelize and baptize freely without fear of persecution.

The Republic of Chad, the nation of Niger are equally Islam dominated countries yet have a very high level of freedom of worship. Missionaries and believers could take advantage and preach the gospel while it is still permissive.

Years ago a brother from Nigeria, a businessman that I know had some business deals in far away Mali. And since he was staying a couple of weeks, he decided to share his faith. It was effective. Within weeks he was able to leave behind 12 believers.

He saw the need because he was conscious of the state of the field. He didn't just go to make money, he went also as God's ambassador in business.

The Church today is lagging behind when you compare us to the foresight of Muslims and other false faiths.
Some 10 years ago I was visiting with an elderly minister of God who had a better view of the state of the Church in Ghana. He asked which religion I thought was spreading fast in Ghana. I thought Christianity of course, and he shocked me. He. Told me it was Islam.

He then went on to tell me how money was coming into Ghana from the Republic of Iran Saudi Arabia and the UAE. And with that money boreholes were being sank in villages and small towns across atlantic coastline and Western Ghana.

He shook me when he told me about how a single borehole in a town of 300-500 people turns the entire population to Islam. Mosques are built while the old Churches that have been there for a century become abandoned.

And I thought to myself, how could a church be in a Community for 100 years and yet that community has not good drinking water? And I thought wow! The harvest is ripe but it is the muslims that are reaping.

The Harvest
Matthew 9:
35 Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.
36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.
38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”

It is important to note that Jesus didn't just stay around the city with a polished office, with business cards talking to the educated, the highly placed while sending his disciples to the small towns and villages.
Jesus Himself took His time to go with His disciples to those villages, and towns to minister to the needy sinners and the sick. Why did He spend so much energy, resources and time in such endeavours?

First,  He had to lay down an example to His disciples how they were going to preach the gospel after His departure.
Second, His eyes were on the harvest.

The harvest was His driving force. It was the measure that showed His intensity of desire and the thirst for doing God's will.

Some of the strongest evidences of how ripe the field is are listed in this passage in Matthew 9:
~ Jesus noticed the state of the people, they were helpless.
~ their situation was not to just a natural thing, they were been harrased.
~ And he had compassion on them.

The more you see people languishing in harship, in sin and in hopelessness, as you see iniquity increase and the fear of God gone, this will show one whose eyes are on the harvest that this field is ripe for harvest.
We as believers have to set our eyes on the harvest. We need to remember that Jesus said He will leave the 99 sheep that are not lost to save the one that is lost.

Paul said, 1Corinthians 9
19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.
20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law.
21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law.
22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.
23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."

Paul was willing to let go of personal comfort, personal rights and his identity to be able to save as many as he could. He had His eyes on the harvest.

He wasn't after fame, influence or recognition he was simply making it possible for as many as he can to hear the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

As we go about our lives busy with what the Lord has given us, let's keep our eyes on what matters most, the Harvest.

Everyday should bring you an opportunity to bring someone to the light. Because that's what matters most today in God's mind.
God bless you

David Pam McQuel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REPOSITIONING CAN MAKE YOU MORE EFFECTIVE

  B Y    D A V I D     M C Q U E L Hello Everyone!   It has been a long while. The year 2022 has finally passed. And we are still here. God is to be glorified. We absolutely give God thanks.   I tried to review the year, looking backwards at my pleasure and displeasure with the year. I also did try to see where I failed, underperformed or missed the mark both set by God or by my heart. I always like to do an honest self-appraisal. I bear in mind that either lavishing praises on myself or ignoring things that should be fixed are not to my advantage. Transparency may hurt but I stand to gain first before someone else.   Here are a few things that I came to a conclusion on: 1.       I need to make certain necessary adjustments or changes or repositioning either on my character, my commitment, my determination or my effort. This is non-negotiable. I cannot continue to do things the way I did and expect a different result. I am impressed by European football. If there is s

FIVE YEARS ON...

B Y   D A V I D    M c Q U E L HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL   But for us at the World Missions Centre, Abidjan, it is an even bigger day. Today is the 5 th anniversary of the launch of the World Missions Africa Blog.   When we launched on January 1, 2017, we had only on our hearts a message to share about the love of God through our Lord Jesus Christ and on our minds anxiety and questions if anyone at all will read the message we blog.   Here was our first blog post published on January 3, 2017: “Welcome to our blog. World Missions, Africa is making every effort to bring the love of Christ to all humanity. Primarily, we focus on  Africa  now in our physical activities. But with the online community, our efforts extends to the ends of the earth. Jesus died for all humanity. Every race, every ethnic group, every people, male or female, bound or free, the gospel of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ is free to all. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the go

THE NEED FOR TODAY

  B  Y   D  A  V  I  D   M c  Q  U  E  L Depositphotos Blog That we live in dangerous times is no revelation. However, how we navigate through it must be by revelation. We should live happy lives, glorifying God and successfully preparing our kids to face the world ahead of them successfully also. Among the many realities of today are:   The War Against Conventional Truth Truth is being replaced with feelings on a massive scale like never seen before. What we were thought while growing up as moral, biblical or civil truth is now bastardize and replaced with the lefts version of truth which is relative truth. Truth basic on emotions and sentimentalism. For a long time, promiscuity and sexual perversity was know to be immoral by all of society even those who didn’t go to church. Today, it is what you feel good that is truth.   The War Against Biblical Values It is fashionable now to dismiss any biblical view. In fact, Islamic values, Buddhist or atheist are more readily a