Skip to main content

THE SPIRIT: BOTH CRITICAL AND ESSENTIAL


B Y   Z E N I T H A    V I C T O R I A    B A D A




I celebrate you all in Jesus name.

Last week we rounded up our discussion on depression and Christian growth, we want to say thank you for your likes, comments and testimonies may the Lord perfect that which He has started in our lives. Amen.

Today, we would be looking at WHAT YOU FEED YOUR SPIRIT MATTERS. It is going to be a two-part blog. We will be answering: THE WHO? THE WHY? And THE WHAT? On the subject of feeding your spirit.

Questions to look at this week we will be the WHO? and the WHY? And next week we will be looking into the WHAT? As we go into this session it is important that we allow the Spirit of God ministers to our hearts in Jesus Name.

First, let me lay a foundation that will help us understand that it is the spirit in us that makes us different from other animals. In Genesis 1:25-26, God made us to be like him.
“Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image,
in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish
 in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock
and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures
that move along the ground.”
So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.”
               
The likeness and resemblance of man to God was not a physical resemblance. It is of the Spirit. God is a spirit, so is man. This point is absolutely essential not only to this subject but to the relationship between God and man.

In fact, Job went a bit clearer on this subject in Job 32:8
“But it is the spirit in a person,
the breath of the Almighty,
that gives them understanding.”

 It is upon this spirit in man that God’s Spirit resides. The Holy Spirit is a gift from God that imparts facets of the human heart and mind as well as realization, creativity, directions, and everything that concerns the totality of the human life.

WHO? WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT?
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. He is God, the Spirit that lives in us as his temple to guide and direct us, according to Romans 8:11NLT
“The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you...”
He is our comforter, teacher, counselor, and friend, he is everything we can ever ask or imagine. He is humble, meek always ready to help and only a fool takes him for granted.

WHY? WHY DO WE NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT?
It cannot be overemphasized the place of the Spirit in our walk with God. Without the Holy Spirit in us, we cannot have an effective relationship with God the father. The Holy Spirit empowers us. That was why Jesus told the disciples to wait in Jerusalem until they received empowerment from the Father.

Here are few reasons why we need the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit gives life

The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.
Romans 8:11 NLT

-The Holy Spirit gives power

“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Acts of the Apostles 1:8 NLT

-The Holy Spirit is a helper

“But the Holy Spirit will come and help you, because the Father will send the Spirit to take my place. The Spirit will teach you everything and will remind you of what I said while I was with you.”
John 14:26 CEV

The Holy Spirit gives supernatural gifts. He gives us the ability to discern between right or wrong. He directs our everyday life leading us through the right path, when we allow him lead us.

 But mind you... A man that refuses to acknowledge the authority of the Holy spirit over his life is like a car moving without a driver.

May the spirit of God guide and direct your path now and forever.

Join me next week as we talk on the WHAT? part of our discussion. Remember to leave me a comment here and also read from our archives filled with rich and amazing articles of the last two years.

Happy weekend and Jesus Loves you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE RICH FAMILY IN OUR CHURCH

I'll never forget Easter 1946. I was 14, my little sister Ocy 12, and my older sister Darlene 16. We lived at home with our mother, and the four of us knew what it was like to do without many things. My dad had died five years before, leaving Mom with seven school kids to raise and no money. By 1946, my older sisters were married, and my brothers had left home. A month before Easter, the pastor of our church announced that a special Easter offering would be taken to help a poor family. He asked everyone to save and give sacrificially. When we got home, we talked about what we could do. We decided to buy 50 pounds of potatoes and live on them for a month. This would allow us to save $20 of our grocery money for the offering. Then we thought that if we kept our electric lights turned out as much as possible and didn't listen to the radio, we'd save money on that month's electric bill. Darlene got as many house and yard cleaning jobs as possible, and both of us baby sat fo

REPOSITIONING CAN MAKE YOU MORE EFFECTIVE

  B Y    D A V I D     M C Q U E L Hello Everyone!   It has been a long while. The year 2022 has finally passed. And we are still here. God is to be glorified. We absolutely give God thanks.   I tried to review the year, looking backwards at my pleasure and displeasure with the year. I also did try to see where I failed, underperformed or missed the mark both set by God or by my heart. I always like to do an honest self-appraisal. I bear in mind that either lavishing praises on myself or ignoring things that should be fixed are not to my advantage. Transparency may hurt but I stand to gain first before someone else.   Here are a few things that I came to a conclusion on: 1.       I need to make certain necessary adjustments or changes or repositioning either on my character, my commitment, my determination or my effort. This is non-negotiable. I cannot continue to do things the way I did and expect a different result. I am impressed by European football. If there is s

FIVE YEARS ON...

B Y   D A V I D    M c Q U E L HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL   But for us at the World Missions Centre, Abidjan, it is an even bigger day. Today is the 5 th anniversary of the launch of the World Missions Africa Blog.   When we launched on January 1, 2017, we had only on our hearts a message to share about the love of God through our Lord Jesus Christ and on our minds anxiety and questions if anyone at all will read the message we blog.   Here was our first blog post published on January 3, 2017: “Welcome to our blog. World Missions, Africa is making every effort to bring the love of Christ to all humanity. Primarily, we focus on  Africa  now in our physical activities. But with the online community, our efforts extends to the ends of the earth. Jesus died for all humanity. Every race, every ethnic group, every people, male or female, bound or free, the gospel of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ is free to all. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the go