Skip to main content

The Heart Of It

Every history has her most most significant season. Every movement has her core idea. Every success has her kicking key. And every sweet biography has her most significant moment.

There are many aspects of the Christian faith very important to christians. So many of these key landmarks of the faith are cherished by active practicing Christian for example Old Testament accounts of the Creation, Noah and the great deluge, The Exodus from Egypt, The giving of the Law, The Conquest of Canaan, The period of the judges and then the kings, etc.

In the New Testament it starts with The never heard-of Virgin Birth of Christ, then explosive ministry of John the Baptist, Then Jesus and His non comparable ministry, His Teachings and His Miracles, then Jesus died and rose of which not a single one of those around him understood at that time what was going on.

From the first day of the week when Jesus rose, 40 days later in broad daylight, before about 120 of his disciples Jesus was lifted into heaven in a phenomenal event that none of those present could either describe or forget. Ten days later, it got even better with the advent of the Holy Spirit,  the mighty wind and the Tongues of Fire, then the first sermon Peter preached as he took leadership and had 3000 new converts.

Things went so fast. Hard to mention all.

However Paul said in 1Corinthians 15
"3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

5 and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve.

6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.

7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles,

8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born."

He emphasized the indisputable truth that forms the core and bedrock of our faith, which is the death, burial and the resurrection of Jesus.

He added,
"12 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised.

14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.

15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised.

16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either.

17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost.

19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

More than anything, Paul by the Holy Spirit emphasized this key truth to two reasons:
1. To build on a truth, eulogizing and honour its assurance and its infallible certainty.
2. Protect and preserve an undisputable truth, knowing that a tie will come that the church will be led by less spiritual and more carnal leaders who cannot by personal conviction and maturity uphold this everlasting testimony.

Paul in another passage expressed this burning conviction regarding propagating the testimony of the gospel in 1Corinthians 2:
1 And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.

2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

3 I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling.

4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power,

5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.
Jesus Christ, our Lord who is equally God almighty, letf His throne and His glory and came down to redeem mankind.
Yes! It is true he came on earth physically.
Yes! He came to lay down His life for us.
And Yes! He willingly went to the cross.
He took upon us all our sins, our sickness and our weaknesses.

Yes! He an innocent man took upon Himself our punishment.
Yes! He died with sinners.
Yes! He was buried, and he rose from the dead, on the third day.

And Yes! More importantly, He is alive today. He is seated at the right hand of God, having 
accomplished the Works of redemption.

Today I am not just writing to defend a doctrine, I am writing to present a truth, that Jesus did the greatest thing for us, giving his life to save us. He took all our deserved punishment.

The door of salvation is open to all today, just walk through it.

Accepting Jesus is accepting his provision of salvation, the gift that gives us a new life. This life enforced by the Holy Spirit makes all who receive Jesus, the Children of God.

That is the most beautiful and gracious thing that can ever happen to man.
If you have not receive Jesus as Saviour and Lord, repeat the prayer below. But if you have received Christ already, your highest calling is to bring others to Christ by testifying to them what Christ has done for you in making you a child of God.

To receive Christ pray this according to Romans 10:9
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Father I come to you, I believe in my heart that you raise Christ from the dead, I confess him as Lord of my life. From this day forward, I will live my life for you and serve you totally. Thank you for saving my life. Amen.

Congratulations, Jesus is your Lord, you are now saved and born again, if your truly prayed with full conviction.

You can mail us for discipleship or find a good Christian fellowship around you where you can be nourished in your new found faith.

God bless you

David Pam McQuel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE RICH FAMILY IN OUR CHURCH

I'll never forget Easter 1946. I was 14, my little sister Ocy 12, and my older sister Darlene 16. We lived at home with our mother, and the four of us knew what it was like to do without many things. My dad had died five years before, leaving Mom with seven school kids to raise and no money. By 1946, my older sisters were married, and my brothers had left home. A month before Easter, the pastor of our church announced that a special Easter offering would be taken to help a poor family. He asked everyone to save and give sacrificially. When we got home, we talked about what we could do. We decided to buy 50 pounds of potatoes and live on them for a month. This would allow us to save $20 of our grocery money for the offering. Then we thought that if we kept our electric lights turned out as much as possible and didn't listen to the radio, we'd save money on that month's electric bill. Darlene got as many house and yard cleaning jobs as possible, and both of us baby sat fo

REPOSITIONING CAN MAKE YOU MORE EFFECTIVE

  B Y    D A V I D     M C Q U E L Hello Everyone!   It has been a long while. The year 2022 has finally passed. And we are still here. God is to be glorified. We absolutely give God thanks.   I tried to review the year, looking backwards at my pleasure and displeasure with the year. I also did try to see where I failed, underperformed or missed the mark both set by God or by my heart. I always like to do an honest self-appraisal. I bear in mind that either lavishing praises on myself or ignoring things that should be fixed are not to my advantage. Transparency may hurt but I stand to gain first before someone else.   Here are a few things that I came to a conclusion on: 1.       I need to make certain necessary adjustments or changes or repositioning either on my character, my commitment, my determination or my effort. This is non-negotiable. I cannot continue to do things the way I did and expect a different result. I am impressed by European football. If there is s

FIVE YEARS ON...

B Y   D A V I D    M c Q U E L HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL   But for us at the World Missions Centre, Abidjan, it is an even bigger day. Today is the 5 th anniversary of the launch of the World Missions Africa Blog.   When we launched on January 1, 2017, we had only on our hearts a message to share about the love of God through our Lord Jesus Christ and on our minds anxiety and questions if anyone at all will read the message we blog.   Here was our first blog post published on January 3, 2017: “Welcome to our blog. World Missions, Africa is making every effort to bring the love of Christ to all humanity. Primarily, we focus on  Africa  now in our physical activities. But with the online community, our efforts extends to the ends of the earth. Jesus died for all humanity. Every race, every ethnic group, every people, male or female, bound or free, the gospel of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ is free to all. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the go