Skip to main content

DEPRESSION AND CHRISTIAN GROWTH


By  Z E N I T H A   V I C T O R I A    B A D A


I celebrate you all.

Its an honor and a previlege to be given the opportunity to be part of this great platform. I pray that as we look into today's area of concentration, the Holy Spirit will minister to us.

Today by God's grace I'll be talking about a very rampant and life-threatening issue: DEPRESSION AND CHRISTIAN GROWTH.

As simple as it sounds it has taken a lot of lives.

First I'll  like us to look into the meaning, using the Chrome dictionary. 
Depression is defined as a feeling of severe despondency(low spirits from loss of hope or courage; dejection). 

Its also a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. 

In other words depression is a feeling of sorrow or discouragement caused by ANXIETY, and this is a way the devil is ruining lives and  turning  people away from God. As the Bible says in John 10:10  "The thief(Satan) cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy..." KJV

Sadly, many people fall victim to depression because they want to do things by their strength, while others are also too proud or ignorant of asking God for forgiveness in their short comings. Instead they stay away, they also find companionship only in men.

|Consequently, the Holy Spirit is kept aside; there is no more respect and reverence for God; so fear, worry, anxiety become the masters of the day, since there is no directions from the Holy Spirit.


A quick reminder, the bible says, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33 KJV

Notice here it says "all these things" talking about Joy, peace, riches, good friends  and whatever we desire is added to us but we first and foremost have to seek God's kingdom. 

Secondly we need to realize that if we sin, God is always faithful and ready to forgive us. He(God)  needs us to acknowledge we did wrong and run back to him sincerely "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."1John 1:9 KJV

We also have to realise we cannot do anything without God and that is why in Psalms 55:22 It says,"Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." 

Likewise, Matthew 11:28 which says, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Depression is a lie from the pit of hell that tampers with the authority that God has placed on humanity to stand up to the situations that come challenging, the devil himself and his lies.

We have been empowered by God to over come, only if we trust in God that He would never leave us nor forsake us and acknowledge that His love conquers all. It doesn't matter the the length, height or breath of sin we've committed He is always patiently waiting for us to run back to His loving arms.

We have every authority to overcome depression, and we can, because we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.(Philippians 4:13).

Not to forget, we also have a role to play in this. 
  • We should be a listening ear. 
  • We be courageous.
  • We should be our brothers keeper. 
Checking up on our friends and praying with and for them is a little effort we can make to help friends facing depression.

JESUS LOVES YOU.








Zenitha Victoria Bada is a contributor on World Missions Africa blog. She is a brash candid write on her faith in Christ and spiritual growth. She is a University 200level student, a plus size model, an actress and a caterer. Zenitha blogs every friday.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REPOSITIONING CAN MAKE YOU MORE EFFECTIVE

  B Y    D A V I D     M C Q U E L Hello Everyone!   It has been a long while. The year 2022 has finally passed. And we are still here. God is to be glorified. We absolutely give God thanks.   I tried to review the year, looking backwards at my pleasure and displeasure with the year. I also did try to see where I failed, underperformed or missed the mark both set by God or by my heart. I always like to do an honest self-appraisal. I bear in mind that either lavishing praises on myself or ignoring things that should be fixed are not to my advantage. Transparency may hurt but I stand to gain first before someone else.   Here are a few things that I came to a conclusion on: 1.       I need to make certain necessary adjustments or changes or repositioning either on my character, my commitment, my determination or my effort. This is non-negotiable. I cannot continue to do things the way I did and expect a different result. I am impressed by European football. If there is s

FIVE YEARS ON...

B Y   D A V I D    M c Q U E L HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL   But for us at the World Missions Centre, Abidjan, it is an even bigger day. Today is the 5 th anniversary of the launch of the World Missions Africa Blog.   When we launched on January 1, 2017, we had only on our hearts a message to share about the love of God through our Lord Jesus Christ and on our minds anxiety and questions if anyone at all will read the message we blog.   Here was our first blog post published on January 3, 2017: “Welcome to our blog. World Missions, Africa is making every effort to bring the love of Christ to all humanity. Primarily, we focus on  Africa  now in our physical activities. But with the online community, our efforts extends to the ends of the earth. Jesus died for all humanity. Every race, every ethnic group, every people, male or female, bound or free, the gospel of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ is free to all. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the go

THE RICH FAMILY IN OUR CHURCH

I'll never forget Easter 1946. I was 14, my little sister Ocy 12, and my older sister Darlene 16. We lived at home with our mother, and the four of us knew what it was like to do without many things. My dad had died five years before, leaving Mom with seven school kids to raise and no money. By 1946, my older sisters were married, and my brothers had left home. A month before Easter, the pastor of our church announced that a special Easter offering would be taken to help a poor family. He asked everyone to save and give sacrificially. When we got home, we talked about what we could do. We decided to buy 50 pounds of potatoes and live on them for a month. This would allow us to save $20 of our grocery money for the offering. Then we thought that if we kept our electric lights turned out as much as possible and didn't listen to the radio, we'd save money on that month's electric bill. Darlene got as many house and yard cleaning jobs as possible, and both of us baby sat fo